Congregate Meal Program
Lunch is available Monday through Friday at noon time. Suggested contribution is $3.00 to cover meal cost. However no eligable person will be denied due to inability to contribute. Reservation for lunch is required, to make a reservation you must contact the Cohoes Senior Center 1 day in advance, 235-2420. Run by Cohoes Senior Center
Must be 55 years old or older. Yearly membership is only $12.00. In addition, certain special events require a suggested contribution to cover operating costs.
Membership in the center includes:
- Knitting and Crocheting
- Adult Education Classes
- Wii Bowling
- Cannonneers Singing Group
- Various parties throughout the year
- Tax Assistance
- Medicare/Medicaid Assistance
- Food Stamps/SSI/EPIC
- As a not-for-profit organization, the Watervliet Senior Center relies on federal, state and local grants as well as the support from the community to cover its operating expenses. These donations also support the Center’s various programs and services.
- Blood Pressure Screening
- Health-Related Seminars and Services
Volunteering is a great way to help out the community and gain a sense of personal enrichment. There are many ways you can make a difference. Give us a call at 518-273-4422 to find out how you can become a Center volunteer.